BMW 1000 XR anti-vibration kit
BMW 1000 XR Handlebar vibration is caused by engine vibration exciting the handlebar into resonance of certain rpm, It is fixed by using a damper kit sold by Vibration Free for £49.50 +P+P.+ VAT
This kit is easily fitted in less than 20 mins and cures 90% of the vibration, felt by damping out the resonant response felt of the handlebar grips.
Call Vibration Free for details: 01869 345535
No more broken cranks!
The Sterling Rattler Rover K series crankshaft damper from Vibration Free;
- Absorbs more torsional vibration than its alternatives.
- Reduces crankshaft fatigue and increase longevity.
- Vibration is absorbed over entire engine rpm.
- More efficient over elastomeric or friction based dampers.
- No or little wear over entire life of engine.
- No maintenance. Solid hub, so timing marks more accurate.
- In many engines produces power gains as spark scatter reduced.
- A British product made from EN24T, fully nitride hardened and “bullet proof”.
Vibration Free also make the Damper pulley and the camshaft gear sprocket, which gives a better register onto the nose of the crankshaft.
For more information see www.sterlingRattler.co.uk
Retail Prices: £550 Sterling Rattler Rover K Pulley
£200 Camshaft gear sprocket
The power strokes of an engine put a pulsing pressure on the crankshaft. Each stroke exerts a torsion force, which causing deflections in the crankshaft webs with an equal rebound. This can result in fatigue and cracking, ultimately leading to a failure and an expensive repair. To solve the problem manufacturers generally fit a harmonic damper. The damper dissipates the energy of the vibration and helps to protect the crankshaft.
As our name indicates, the ultimate aim of our work is to ensure that machinery and cars can operate free from excessive vibration. Any form of vibration is a sign that equipment is not working as it was intended to, particularly if it is so strong that it generates a noise. In order to ensure that your machinery delivers longevity and optimal performance, it is vital that we learn all that we possibly can about what is causing the increased vibration to determine the problem. This important information is drawn from our initial vibration analysis work. “Vibration is the key to mechanical condition”